CentralReach Browser & Device Support Policy
CentralReach recognizes the importance of a smooth user experience for our customers and is determined to provide the best experience and industry-standard levels of security across the entire CentralReach product suite.
CentralReach's approach to browser & device certification is driven by two main considerations:
- Test and validate the latest major browser versions, especially due to the automatic updates from the leading browsers that drive rapid adoption.
- Test and validate a set of browsers that represents the most common usage among our clients.
When a browser is certified1, CentralReach is committed to supporting client usage by:
- Testing the available browsers and operating system (OS) combinations before a product release.
- Rapidly addressing browser/device/OS issues that arise after a product release.
Certified Desktop & Mobile Browsers
Current version indicates the version available on 10/28/2019. “Major” refers to a release number such as 67.0, 68.0, etc. rather than 67.1, 67.2, etc.
Certified Mobile Devices & Operating Systems
|Tablet||Apple||iPad 5th Gen. (A1822/3)
iPad Mini 4 (A1538/50)
|Tablet||Samsung||Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (SM-T590)
Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2018 (SM-T387)
Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2017 (SM-T380)
|Phone||Apple||iPhone 8, X||iOS 12.x||✓
|Phone||Pixel 2 XL||Android 9.x and Android 8.x
Supported3 but not Certified
|Phone||Samsung||S9||Android 9.x and Android 8.x
- CentralReach Go is the native application developed and tested by CentralReach for iOS and Android mobile operating systems.
- Scout is the browser-based mobile application for clinical data collection in CR Essentials. It is only certified on tablets in landscape view.
- To allow CentralReach to maintain its continued focus on delivering great software, we will routinely withdraw support for certain browser versions and devices, as supporting legacy browsers inhibits the ability to innovate, ensure security, and deliver new features.
- Generally, as long as the browser is in compliance regardless of OS or device specifications, we will consider addressing issues on a case-by-case basis.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer and Amazon Kindle tablets are not certified, recommended, nor supported for any of the CentralReach products.
- Certified: Tested and validated by CentralReach prior to a product release and rapidly addressing reported issues after a product release.
- Major Version: A version that is still supported by the development organization and has not been retired or discontinued.
- Supported: Not tested nor validated by CentralReach, but reported issues may be addressed on a case-by-case basis.