CentralReach Browser & Device Support Policy
CentralReach recognizes the importance of providing a smooth user experience for our customers and is determined to provide the best experience and industry-standard levels of security across the entire CentralReach product suite.
CentralReach's approach to browser & device certification is driven by two main considerations:
- Test and validate the software over the latest major browser versions, especially due to the automatic updates from the leading browsers that drive rapid adoption;
- Test and validate the mobile apps over state-of-the-art devices;
- Test and validate a set of browsers that represents the most common usage among our clients.
CentralReach is committed to supporting client usage by routine testing and maintenance of the following browsers and devices by
- Testing the major commercial browsers (Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox) over the latest major versions of Desktop Operating Systems (OS), including Microsoft Windows and Apple macOS.
- Testing the major mobile platforms over the latest versions of the mobile OS available per device.
- Rapidly addressing issues that arise after a product release.
Recommended Desktop Browsers
CentralReach actively tests and qualifies every software release over the latest version of Chrome and Safari browsers. However, CentralReach will support all of the major commercial browsers (Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox) by actively addressing issues reported over their latest versions.
- To allow CentralReach to maintain its continued focus on delivering great software, we will routinely withdraw support for certain browser versions and devices, as supporting legacy browsers inhibits the ability to innovate, ensure security, and deliver new features.
- Generally, as long as the browser is in compliance regardless of OS or device specifications, we will consider addressing issues on a case-by-case basis.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer is not recommended nor supported for any of the CR Products.
Recommended Mobile Devices
Today's major commercial mobile platforms are iOS and Android. CentralReach software supports both. The CentralReach Testing Team will actively qualify all mobile software releases against these two platforms.
Notes: A major factor in mobile platform testing is the underlying mobile operating system and the feature set the specific version provides. CentralReach will qualify each mobile software release against the following major mobile device product lines: the OS version under test will be the latest version that the manufacturer/product line allows (general availability, not beta).
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and later S series of mobile phones
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 and later A series of tablets
- Apple iPhone 8 and following models updateable to the last iOS version
- Apple iPad 6th Generation and iPad Pro 3rd Generation of tablets and following models updateable to the last iOS version
Supported Devices Per Mobile Product: